Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to my new style

So far I have made three works on thick acrylic paper that were really to my liking and in a new style for me. An addiction may be in the making, 'cause I have made a fourth one. The colors on this one are a little darker than the previous three, but I kind of like the atmosphere this gives.


This one is called "Van deze drie...", which means "Of these three...", it's the age old wisdom that of faith, hope and love , love is the strongest. The words 'faith', 'hope' and 'love' are put in there too, in their dutch translation that is.

I really enjoy these works, because they are a combination of many techniques all piled on top of each other and I got to use some new stamps as well. What more can an artsy girl want?

PS, I notice that when I photograph these works the lens of the camera tends to warp them a little, which makes the paper seem really crooked. I assure you that in real life the paper is nice and straight ;-) If anybody knows a way around this warped effect I would really like to know.