Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What are you up to Wednesday - part 37 (woyww 140)

My two major projects right now are the altered atlas and the making of my third Remains of the Day journal, ROD Square. And yet the table in my studio looks like this:


I just finished another ribbon and circle drawing in my studio book. They are such fun to do and sometimes you just need a break from the big projects, right? The thing with big projects is that they take time to get finished and sometimes you just want to finish something quickly so you have something to show. I keep doing these ribbon drawings in my sketchbook and I'm sure I will show you some more in a seperate post sometime soon.

As for the atlas, there's not much to see. I'm in the final stages of the gessoing of the pages and will probably get around to adding some color either tonight or tomorrow night. Anyway, it wouldn't make for an interesting picture, just white pages. ;-)

But in my sewing room I can show what happened to the stash of pretty papers I showed you last week.


They have turned into four square signatures for ROD Square! This is going to be a thick book! The base of the pages is now done, but I still want to add little bits and pieces to the pages to spice them up a little. After that I will have to start thinking about the cover. This is the first time I'm making a journal like this where I make the pages before the cover.

On a completely different note and in case you were wondering: winter is still with us on the island. Big piles of ice are gathering on the south side. It looks quite spectacular. I took some black and white pictures of it today. It's like fields of ice all crammed up together.




The pictures don't do the vastness of it any justice, but at least you get an idea. I'm taking photographs by the dozens (did I say dozens? I meant hundreds) these days, because I don't want to miss one image now winter is still here. There's talk of it warming up starting this Sunday, so I'm taking every shot I can.

Well, that's it from my side of the world this Wednesday. Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday too!