Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vacation Blog - part two

Ooh, what a glorious day today. I went to the nearby city for it's wonderful market with lots of fabrics. I took in the stores too, but didn't buy much there I did buy a lot at the market as you will see at the end of this post). And the weather has been so much better than they warned us about. I sat in the sun all afternoon.

Here's my slide show for today.

Self portrait in Sisters bedroom mirror.


One of many fabric stalls. I was practically swooning!

And ribbons galore! How is a girl to resist such temptation?

A well deserved pit stop. Ooh caramel macchiato. The cake wasn't bad either. ;-)

The city of Doetinchem. I love it, but it's just not very pretty.

Browsing through bookstores (didn't buy anything, but I love the browsing).

 A rare patch of green in the middle of the city.

I loved the way this tree stem winded around itself.

My comfy place under the sun this afternoon.

My loot of the day. 25 fabrics and 5 ribbons. Sigh....

It's hours later now and I'm still on buyer's high. I come to this market once a year tops and so I'm taking the opportunity to score as much as I can. Everything is so cheap and since I only need small pieces of fabric (half a meter a piece) I can choose many different kinds. You can see ribbon is relatively a lot more expensive by the fact that I bought only five of those. Anyway. I'm all content right now and after I post this I will return to my spot in the sun and read some more. Vacationing is hard work, isn't it? ;-)

Hope you're all having a marvelous day too.