Friday, April 26, 2013

More from the White Book

Well, what do you know! Just last week I complained how I had not been journaling for ages and here I am showing you eight new pages! It seems just blogging about it was the kick in the butt I needed!

So, without further ado: here are some new pages from the White Book! Really truly it was the first time I worked in it in exactly a month!







The previous ones all had my own photographs as focal images, but I wanted to explore my new way of journaling a bit further and wondered if I could just use ephemera and magazine images as well, the way I used to in my altered atlases. Hmmm...turns out I could!







The funny part of these last pages is that the background is ... white! And that was what the original purpose of the White Book was, to work with white backgrounds (hence the name). I kindof stepped away from that, but now, almost naturally I come back around to it. Isn't it odd how that works? I don't think I will be able to do everything with a white background, but I do like the experiment and how it makes the colours pop.

I also feel this style is like a logical follow up of the altered atlas journals. Lots of collage and juxtapositions of images and words by intuition only, but this time with little to no room for writing. I really love where this book is going. Is it still a journal? Who knows? Who cares! I'm loving it and that's all that matters!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!