Wednesday, February 11, 2015

From the Sketchbook

My Fabriano Sketchbook doesn't get used as much as I would like, but I think that's the case with all of my books. I just have too many of them and my creative interests are just too varied. But every now and then I do manage to fill a page or two in all of them.

Here are some spreads that I filled recently in the sketchbook:

Shells in graphite pencil and a girl in coloured pencil. (The girl I already showed you before in a step by step post here.)

Attempts at sketching my assistant.

The same shells as above in watercolour and my Remy stuffed toy that my family gave me years ago.

Every time I actually take the time to draw something from life I wonder why I don't do it more often, because it's really enjoyable and even though not everything is great (who knew shells were so hard to capture?) I like having a record of things that speak to me visually. Even with all the time I have (and I have loads of it) it seems there just aren't enough hours in the day. But maybe that's a good thing. I know I will never ever get bored! ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.