Sunday, February 22, 2015

Introducing the Canson Book (the new journal)

When one book closes another one opens, and since I recently closed Flora I had to open a new journal.

Because Flora was a rather big girl (I know, I still talk about her like a person) I wanted something smaller this time. I chose an A5 Canson Art Book, which pretty much looks like this:



Just a rather ordinary black bound sketchbook. I'm calling it The Canson Book, because...well...basically I couldn't think of anything better. ;-)
 
To give it some colour in advance I spent some time putting gouache on the pages with a sponge, so that even if I did nothing else to them there'd at least not be a row of blank pages with writing on it.

Anyway, I've been working in this book for a few weeks now and I am really enjoying the smaller size. I like the compactness of it and the portability.

Here is a peek at the first few spreads:











I'm sure that once this book is full I will be craving another size and format again, but that is still a while away.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!