Thursday, February 19, 2015

Morning paintings

Here's another batch of morning paintings for your viewing pleasure. Every morning I get up extra early just so I can go into my studio to paint for a little while and fill a page in a sketchbook. It's a good practice and it's good practice if you know what I mean. ;-)

Here are the paintings I did between February 1 and 8. Enjoy!

1 + 2 February

#16 - imaginary flowers (inspired by Laurie Girardin Vissian's patterns)

#17 - old cemetery in Gouda (after my own photograph)

3 + 4 February

#18 - drops

#19 - dots (here you can see clearly how gouache can rub off!)

5 + 6 February

#20 - Vuurboetsduin (after my own photograph)

#21 - circles on black

7 + 8 February

#22 - fantasy bird

#23 - seagull whimsy

Now as you can see by the last two paintings all of a sudden my morning paintings took a whimsical turn. I have no idea why, but I've been having a lot of fun with it both in this sketchbook and outside of it. That's the cool part about doing things like this: you never know what it will lead to!

I'm hoping to explore all this whimsy and imaginary stuff further and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. 

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.