Monday, December 5, 2016

The Zelhem Travel Journal - part two of two

Last post I showed you the first  part of my Zelhem Travel Journal. Zelhem is the town my sister lives in and it's also where I stayed last October for my free vacation at her house. I kept this small A6 travel journal and today I'd like to show you the rest of the inside of it.

I'm quite proud of how much drawing I got done this vacation, but make no mistake, I'm not a good urban or outdoor sketcher. Most of these were done in the comfort of my sister's home after photographs I took.

Also, sketching always takes a lot of effort for me. I think I'm okay skill wise (not great but okay), but I just find it hard to really get into it. Not sure why. Give me a bit of paper and a couple of markers and I will gladly puzzle out a pattern or a doodle for hours on end, but to take ten minutes to actually draw something real? That will always be a bit like homework to me.To each her own I guess.

I do like the results mostly though, so sometimes it's good to push yourself anyway. Even the drawings that aren't great are still a wonderful memory to keep. And it makes for a fun journal to look into afterwards.

Here's the rest of the Zelhem Travel Journal:

A wrap up of the fourth day.

Extra dark chocolate is the way to go. Plus a note of how for the first time this season it was cold enough to see my breath.

An overview of day five.

Instructions my sister left for the house and such. The wifi was sketchy, hence the sad face she drew. ;-)

Flowers in sisters patio.

An owl decoration in sisters patio.

Day six wrap up.

Instructions on how to care for Jinte.

These were the supplies I took. Everything fit into that blue pouch, including the journal!

A field seen on one of my walks.

Day seven overview.

I like luxury coffees. It's a bit of an addiction I'm afraid.

The little makeshift studio I made in sisters house.

The last night plus the journey home.

The last morning with Jinte, look at that face. The first night home with my Spooky. He was very pleased indeed.

It isn't until now that I write these posts about my travel journal that I realise I never did a wrap up of the eighth day! How weird is that? I never even missed it. Oh well, the book is full now and I still have the pictures to prove there actually was a day eight, haha.



Anyway, that's a wrap on the Zelhem Travel Journal for this year. I hope to be lucky enough next year to visit there again. We'll see how it goes.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!