Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Closing the Allround Book (a journal)

At the beginning of this year I started The Allround Book my recent journal. It is a rather bulky book with 190 pages and I was quite surprised it only took me two and a half months to fill it. Because yes, it's finished already.


I showed you images from the first half of the book in a previous post (which you can find here) in which I also explained why I called it the Allround Book and how it was basically an experiment that did not work out.

But the book itself (as a journal) worked out just fine and I'm very pleased with it. It somehow felt to me like I really got my journaling groove back in this one, after having been a bit going back and forth for a while trying to find my mojo again.

Here are some spreads from the second half of the book:















The book has been used in a very basic way. Lots of writing and then just adding some photographs and ephemera. It's basically the way I do a lot of my travel journals and it suits me right now. The only difference is that I incorporated my morning art practice into this journal as well as part of the experiment.


As we speak I have moved into a different journal and I have also moved my morning art out of the journal again. Both endeavours are for future posts though, so I'll just have to get back to you on that. :-)

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!

4 comments:

  1. I know that the experience of having all of your activities in one book didn't work - functionally - for you, or suit the way you work, but as a creation in and of itself, this Allaround book is stunning and I'm moved to see your different types of entries - patterns from morning art, regular journaling, etc. - side by side testifying to the many different ways you express yourself. It's really beautiful - I can't wait to see the newer journals and how they are shaping up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look and the idea of integrating these things as much as you do, but in a practical sense it just didn't work for me. Oh well, on to new books! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I've always loved the way you do these type of journals with your journaling and also adding the photos in as well. As Judith said in her comment, your Allround book IS absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think my own journals right now remind me most of travel journals, but instead of traveling to a place it's about the journey of my life. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...