Saturday, March 11, 2017

Ferry Variations

As you all know I love doing pattern variations on grid paper. I usually use an XL moleskine  notebook for that, but recently I decided to buy a set of smaller moleskine cahiers so I could easily stick one in my bag without it taking up too much space. I don't work in this cahier often. Mostly on the ferry when I'm traveling to or from the main land. But it's nice to have this little go to book if my pattern frenzy acts up when I'm on the road, or...on the water as is mostly the case. :-)

Here are some pages from this notebook I did in the past few weeks:






All of these were done with Stabilo 68 felt tip pens and I think the most fun of these drawings is simply trying out different colour cominations in different settings. A grid and some felt tip pens, that's apparently all it takes to keep me happy these days!

Hope you are enjoying something simple that makes you happy (tell me about it in the comments) and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.