Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Morning Art

Every morning I try to do 30 minutes of art in my current journal. Integrating my morning art into the journal makes it look extra nice, but I think that when I have filled this journal up (and I'm close) I will do it in a separate book again, because it's just more practical that way.

I have ideas about filling smaller thinner journals and sticking to a certain practice or theme during one journal so I can practice something specific. But then again I always have ideas floating around in my head, so that may yet change when the time comes. We'll see how it goes.

For now here are six more pages of Morning Art:







All of these pages took more than one sitting and it's nice to just take your time and not worry about finishing something. The first three were the inspiration for my freebie colouring pages that I shared a short while ago (you can find them here if you're interested). I like it when one piece of drawing influences the next, it makes art somehow feel like a living breathing thing.

Now as for the journal itself I will try to show some pictures of that soon, so you can see how these pages are integrated in the whole.

For now I wish you a wonderful and artsy day. 


10 comments:

  1. Fantastic artistic work. Thanks for sharing.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't these pages look great as wallpaper?? I can just see an entire room covered with this artwork...what a fabulous room that would be! Like a big, paper quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you think big! I was thinking of maybe getting a little fabric printed for a pouch or journal cover or maybe some wrapping paper. Still looking for a reasonably priced service for this in The Netherlands, but it would be fun to see some designs on actual tangible things. Wallpaper though...wow! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Weeral mooie ontwerpen . Ik zit ook steeds een beetje in "wikken en wegen" of ik nu per item een schetsboek /artjournal zou nemen of gewoon alles door elkaar hmm ben er nog niet uit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb voor al mijn reguliere creatieve uitingen een apart boek. Bijv. een voor abstracte collages en een voor andere beeldender collages, een boek voor patroontjes, een boek voor droedeltekeningen, etcetera enzovoort. Op de een of andere manier werkt dat voor mij. Het betekent wel dat er een hele stapel schetsboeken op een tafel in mijn studio liggen en dat de voortgang in al die boeken heel langzaam gaat. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Your pattern pages are very pretty! And I'm with you on trying a themed journal. I always think that I'll do one kind of style or art in a new book but after about 2 pages I want to do something else and mix it up a bit! Hehe too many ideas, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the morning art I am probably going to choose thin 32 page sketchbooks. I should be able to keep to a theme/medium for half an hour a day for that long...I hope...;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...