Thursday, March 2, 2017

Walking Pictures

It's no secret that I love to walk. It's also no secret that I love to take pictures. And when you live on a beautiful island like I do and never get tired of the landscape it is very easy to combine these two loves.

Here are some pics from some recent walks for your enjoyment.












As you can see it's still winter here, be it mostly a mild one. We've had some springlike days, but most of the time it't either foggy or cloudy and sometimes evey stormy, although as storms go we are having very few compared to previous years when winter sometimes felt like one continuous storm.

Anyway, it was nice to have you with me again without having you actually with me and I hope you enjoyed the sights. Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Hey, I have a question for ya, Carin ... well, first I have an observation and then a question. lol

    The 3rd picture down on the left hand side, the first thing I noticed of course was the patterns which I thought was really cool. Now comes my question, do you ever purposely take pictures with patterns in it and then re-create them in your art and doodles? Just wondering!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do take pictures of patterns regularly. Imprints in sand or snow for instance, things in nature like tree bark or flowers or just details of inanimate objects. I don't often translate them directly into pattern drawings, but it does happen. I have for instance made patterns based on elevator cables I saw at a train station and ties that held together wood on the back of a truck (I kid you not!).

      Usually the patterns are more of an interpretation than a direct recreation, but the inspiration is there for sure. I don't think I can direct link, but there's a post about some beach pattern pictures I did ages ago here: http://caatjesartsystuff.blogspot.nl/2014/02/beach-patterns.html to give you an idea of the type of pics I take on such an occasion.

      You have a good day too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fijn dat je ze mooi vindt. Wat een prachtig woord trouwens "asemrowend", wij zeggen "adembenemend", maar ik geloof dat ik het Afrikaans mooier vind. :-)

      Delete
  3. Ik kan er geen genoeg van krijgen en ben blij dat je ons mee laat genieten van je prachtige eiland natuurlijk zo mooi in beeld gebracht door jou dank je wel daarvoor ! Fijn week end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graag gedaan hoor. Dit soort beelden delen maakt mij ook weer extra bewust van mooie dingen. Jij ook fijn weekend.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...