Thursday, July 27, 2017

Around here lately

Some photographs from the past weeks on my facebook/instagram feed, because that is my life too:

One of these shouldn't be in my kitchen!

Now summer is here and the island is busy, I try to go on my walks as early as possible.

The idyllic island where I just happen to live.

Have to visit the port town Harlingen for work a lot these days, which means many early ferries (6.45 or 7.00 am)

It's tiring, but...there's always some extra time to walk around said town, which is nice.

Getting up early for the ferry gives rewards like these.

Visited an exhibition about chintz at the Frisian Museum. A piece of heaven for a pattern freak like me.

I actually try to avoid the forest a little this time of year. It's pretty, but full of flies. 

The dangers of Aliexpress. Cheap stickers and free postage, oh my!

The Wadden Sea at low tide. I think this was on my way to work. Those clouds!

View from Vuurboetsduin (the highest dune of the island) on a warm morning walk.

And another low tide. Every summer boats 'camp out' there and wait for the tide to come in again.

All the traveling to the main land lately is very good for my ferry art sketchbook.

Work is a bit stressy right now, but fortunately I have a lot of time to unwind and things are going along alright. That's the privilege of only working three days a week.

It's busy on the island with summer vacation in full swing. I don't show it in my pics, because people are not really my thing when it comes to photography, but trust me, they are here. I'm always happy when September comes along and the busyness subsides a little. But that's still a few weeks away. I will have to be patient and just enjoy the fact that at least they do give a bit of a holiday atmosphere when walking through town. ;-)

Hope you are enjoying your summer in your neck of the woods (or your winter if you're on the south side of the planet) and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!