Thursday, March 1, 2018

Morning Mosaic #11 - step by step

Every morning when I get up one of the first things I do is go to my studio and do my morning art. Just half an hour in my sketchbook before I move on to my day. Together with my journal it has become a daily practice that keeps me sane. I have a very busy mind so focusing on either shapes and colours or just words helps me to keep things in perspective. It is my form of meditation and as a bonus it brings me colourful pages and filled up notebooks, which makes me happy.

Here is a step by step of a page in my current morning art sketchbook, which is all about watercolour mosaics. This is mosaic number eleven.









Every picture represents a thirty minute session, so this one took about four hours to complete. I really like how this one turned out and  wouldn't mind a quilt or something made with this pattern. :-)

Hope you enjoyed watching my process and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.