Friday, May 4, 2018

Grid drawings

It seems lately I mostly prefer to do my art on the couch with my feet up and a sketcbhook on my lap. So of course I am drawing a lot of grid patterns. I am after all seriously addicted to them.

Here are some I finished recently:






All of these are done in my Moleskine XL squared book which is filling up quite nicely and I am already in the back of my mind thinking of it's successor, even though it may yet be a while before I need one. Just the idea of having to buy a new sketchbook fills me with anticipation.

These drawings take forever to finish. A filled up page is 1728 tiny squares which in drawings like these I all have to colour in separately. If anything else would be so time consuming I would lose my mind, but with these patterns I have no problems at all. The human mind is a strange thing.

Hope you are out there doing something that doesn't make you lose your mind and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day!